The ‘Kino’ space is now complete and just requires blueprints to make it functional.
My atrium PostPhysical space is now complete and I am ready to finesse its lighting and post processing. I have also checked and optimised its lightmaps for efficiency and visual appeal.
I have finished building the static meshes for my cinema space which I have based on Leeds’ Hyde Park Picture House. The UV mapping is almost complete at which point I will be texture hunting once more.
The assets for my new atrium space are nearing completion. I will be testing them in UE4 shortly and then venture out to find some appropriate texture samples.
I am starting to do some low level optimisation on the spaces I have built. I have beet adjusting lightmap resolution and lods to lighten my load towards the end of the project. postphysical thomas parker
My first space in now complete, I have finalised the lighting, texturing and have adjusted the meshes to completely avoid seams. I have also started to populate my spaces with 3d models to give an idea of how work might look in these spaces. postphysical thomas parker
I have been working on some simple rigging and animation for some figures that will be in the PostPhysical spaces. I this is something I have never attempted before and so I’m taking this opportunity to learn as much as I can. postphysical thomas parker
The Easter eggs are on their way! postphysical thomas parker
After assembling my modular pieces I have started to experience seam issues. I am going to now recombine my meshes and detach them in a less uniform way that fits the shape of the section, this should solve my issue.
I am trying to add a variety of architecture to my project to make it more visually interesting and to have spaces which could be suited to different kinds of work.
This set will be used to create something based on an industrial prefab concrete building which will link to my first space. I was originally planning to have my spaces connected by lift, having several floors which could be different levels. But I now feel that it could function more successfully as a one level sandbox.